From our start as a small cabinet shop, to our position as a cabinet industry leader, taking personal responsibility for the environment and the safety of our customers and employees has always been central to our culture and every bit as important as our style.
The focus at every KraftMaid Cabinetry facility is to produce beautiful products with superior quality and great style. But our commitment is to achieve that goal while also keeping our commitment to the environment.
We understand that the decisions we make are made not simply for the bottom line, but for our loved ones, for our planet and for our future.
Reduce. Reuse. Recycle.
Through every stage of our cabinetry process, from sourcing and manufacturing to finishing and shipping, KraftMaid Cabinetry is always focused on The Three R's - reduce, reuse and recycle. We continually monitor our environmental impact by:
- Using energy efficient technology and purchasing wood products in optimum dimensions help us to attain the highest yield possible from every raw material board.
- Using only Environmentally Preferable Product (EPP) particle board that includes a percentage of recycled material.
- Incinerating Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) from our finishing operations to reduce the level of VOC's released into the environment.
- Incorporating environmental impact considerations into every new product decision.
- Using sawdust from our operations in other KraftMaid products that contain recycled material, such as composite decking.
- Incorporating recycling efforts in every part of our company, from the factory to the office, from fiber to foam, cleaning products to solvents, cardboard, paper, wood, sawdust and steel.
Community Involvement “Built To Order”
At KraftMaid Cabinetry, we believe in making a direct and positive impact through support of our local communities and communities around the country.
In addition to donating product to a number of local, national and global outlets including Habitat for Humanity and Extreme Makeover Home Edition, we also have a direct involvement with charities and institutions and support employees who donate their time and energy to good work.