MASCO RETAIL CABINET GROUP, THE MANUFACTURER OF KRAFTMAID CABINETRY, SELECTED TO RECEIVE 2009 OHIO AWARD FOR OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN ENVIRONMENTAL STEWARDSHIP
Posted by KraftMaid on 10th Dec 2009
(MIDDLEFIELD, OHIO) First Lady Frances Strickland and Chris Korleski, director of the Ohio EPA, today presented the Ohio Award for Outstanding Achievement in Environmental Stewardship to six organizations including Masco Retail Cabinet Group, the manufacturer of KraftMaid Cabinetry.
Receiving the award for KraftMaid Cabinetry was Chris Winans, Vice President of Operations at Masco Retail Cabinet Group. “We’re honored and grateful to be recognized for our efforts in environmental responsibility and sustainability,” he said.
“From our start as a small cabinetry shop and through every aspect of our business, taking personal responsibility for the environment is central to our culture. This award validates our sustainable practices to our customers and neighbors.”
All KraftMaid Cabinetry plants operate under an environmental management system certified to ISO-14001:2004. The company also:
- has earned certification under the Environmental Stewardship Program (ESP) administered by the Kitchen Cabinet Manufacturer’s Association (KCMA) for manufacturers who meet a stringent set of environmental criteria
- meets or exceed the Indoor Environmental Quality (IEQ) cabinetry requirements for inclusion in the Environments for Living® Certified Green program
- is a downstream licensed facility of the Composite Panel Association (CPA) Environmentally Preferable Product (EPP) program, procuring at least 95% EPP Certified particle board and using MDF which contains 100% recovered or recycled wood fibers
- continually monitors environmental impact through a strong focus on the three R’s – reduce, reuse, recycle
- supports local communities and neighborhoods around the country through product donation and involvement with various charities and institutions including Habitat for Humanity and Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.
Also this year, KraftMaid Cabinetry was ranked highest overall among cabinet manufacturers in satisfying customers, according to the J.D. Power and Associates 2009 Cabinet Satisfaction StudySM.
Winners of the Governor’s Award for Outstanding Achievement in Environmental Stewardship were selected based on a sound track record of environmental compliance and a commitment to go above and beyond regulations to improve environmental performance; a mature environmental management system (EMS) or integration of the EMS principles into core business functions; aggressive environmental performance goals, and a process for communicating with the local community about program activities and progress on performance goals.
For more than 40 years, KraftMaid Cabinetry has been one of the nation’s largest manufacturers of semi-custom cabinetry. Today, KraftMaid continues to lead the industry in innovation and design with an extensive product selection featuring more than 100 trend-on door styles and over 45 furniture-quality finishes. In 1990, KraftMaid was purchased by Masco Corporation of Taylor, Michigan, one of the world’s largest manufacturers of brand-name consumer products for the home and family. KraftMaid® is the anchor brand of the Masco Retail Cabinet Group. For more information, visit www.kraftmaid.com.
For more information, contact:
Kim Craig, Director of Communications & Media
440.632.2389 / email@example.com
John Znidarsic, Communications Specialist
440.632.3838 / firstname.lastname@example.org
How can your readers reach KraftMaid?
(800) 571-1990 for Consumer Publications
(440) 632-5333 for Trade Publications